The Care Bears Family is the second Care Bears animated television series, and is a continuation of the last series, Care Bears.
The Care Bears Family was a Nelvana produced series that ran from September 13, 1986 to December 25, 1988. It consisted of 18 episodes spread out through three seasons and one TV special. The Care Bears and the Care Bear Cousins help out kids while frequently battling foes No Heart, Beastly, and sometime later, an evil girl named Shreeky, who happens to be No Heart's niece.
- Baby Hugs Bear and Baby Tugs Bear are two infant Care Bears. They are often seen with Grams Bear, who takes care of them. Hugs is pink and her tummy symbol is a yellow star inside a pink box. Tugs is light blue and his tummy symbol is a yellow star inside a blue blanket.
- Bedtime Bear is aqua blue, and his tummy symbol is a light blue crescent moon with a yellow hanging star.
- Birthday Bear is yellow and his tummy symbol is a cupcake with a candle.
- Champ Bear is an athletic bear. He is redesigned in season two to include a red headband and jacket. He has a habit of ending his sentences with the phrase "sports fan," making him sound like a sports announcer. His fur is tan and his tummy symbol is a trophy.
- Cheer Bear is friendly and encouraging. She is redesigned in season two, where she now sports a pony tail. She is pink and her tummy symbol is a rainbow.
- Friend Bear is orange and her tummy symbol is two sunflowers.
- Funshine Bear is yellow and her tummy symbol is a sun.
- Good Luck Bear is green and his tummy symbol is a four-leaf clover.
- Grams Bear is the oldest Care Bear and the caretaker of Hugs and Tugs. She has gray fur and her tummy symbol is a pink rose with a yellow ribbon.
- Grumpy Bear is blue and his tummy symbol is a rain cloud.
- Love-a-Lot Bear is pink and her tummy symbol is two hearts.
- Secret Bear is yellow and his tummy symbol is a heart-shaped lock.
- Share Bear is lavender purple with tummy symbol originally consisting of a pink ice cream soda with two straws. This symbol is now a pair of pink and blue lollipops crossed together (since 2002).
- Tenderheart Bear is the unofficial leader of the Care Bears. He has brown fur and his tummy symbol is a red heart.
- True Heart Bear is originally pastel yellow, and her tummy symbol is a multi-coloured star with a heart in the middle. Her fur is now pastel pink (2007-2008).
- Wish Bear is turquoise and her tummy symbol is a shooting star.
Care Bear Cousins
- Brave Heart Lion
- Bright Heart Raccoon
- Cozy Heart Penguin
- Gentle Heart Lamb
- Lotsa Heart Elephant
- Loyal Heart Dog
- Noble Heart Horse
- Perfect Panda
- Polite Panda
- Playful Heart Monkey
- Proud Heart Cat
- Swift Heart Rabbit
- Treat Heart Pig
- "Care-a-lot's Birthday"
- "Grumpy's Three Wishes"
- "The Great Race"
- "Home Sweet Homeless"
- "The Big Star Round-Up"
- "Bravest of the Brave"
- "The Long Lost Care Bears"
- "Birthday Bear's Blues"
- "Grams Bear's Thanksgiving Surprise"
- "The Cloud of Uncaring"
- "The Wrath of Shreeky"
- "The Care Bear Town Parade"
- "Hearts at Sea"
- "No Business Like Snow Business"
- "The Factory of Uncaring"
- "The Showdown"
- "Caring for Spring"
- "Care Bears Nutcracker Suite"